Reiko Aoo is an acupuncturist and herbologist licensed by the California Acupuncture State Board. Reiko uses Japanese style acupuncture strengthen with her Qi in each treatment. Reiko is also a member of Japanese Acupuncture Association.
Oriental medicine is built on a foundation of more than 2,500 years of Chinese medical practice that includes various forms of herbal medicine, acupuncture, massage (tui na), exercise (qi gong), and dietary therapy. It is primarily used as a complementary alternative medicine approach.
Japanese traditional medicine is the study of traditional Chinese medicine in Japan following its introduction beginning in the 7th century. Since then, the Japanese have created their own unique system of diagnosis and therapy.
How does acupuncture work?
The following benefits have been documented in WHO and NIH reports:
- INCREASED (augmented) IMMUNE SYSTEM function, an increase in the white blood cell count to fight infection and autoimmune disease.
- INCREASED ENDORPHIN production and release. Endorphins are the body’s natural pain killers and they are 10 times stronger than morphine without the drug side effect.
- INCREASED SEROTONIN production and release. Low Serotonin levels in the brain can alter the mood and bring about depression and addictive disorders linked to alcohol, tobacco and drug use, sugar cravings and the need for anti-depressant drugs. Proper Serotonin levels promote weight loss and curb or lower addictive cravings.
- INCREASED Blood Circulation, oxygen flow and lymph system function.
- “PAIN BLOCKING” by natural interruption of the neurotransmission of pain.
These results were documented in controlled clinical trials, based on bio-chemical standards using blood analysis. Blood samples were drawn before and after Acupuncture (needle therapy) to study the effects of the treatment.
The World Health Organization (WHO) and The National Institutes of Health (NTH), published this study on the effectiveness of Acupuncture in an 87 page report titled “Controlled Clinical Trials of Acupuncture Therapy.”
Sources: World Health Organization. Viewpoint on Acupuncture. Geneva, Switzerland, 1979
Tuesday: 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Wednesday: 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Thursday: 9:00 AM to 6:30 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Saturday: 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
704 Mira Monte Place, 1st Floor, Pasadena, CA 91101